The KLA Second Wave Celebration at Kilohana will feature some exciting revenue generating programs that will serve our island community well. Kuhio Auto Group and Alaska Airlines have teamed up to present a random prize drawing on site that evening that consists of four (4) round trips from Kauai to anywhere Alaska Airlines flies, plus $2000 cash. The cities within the Alaska Airlines system include over 90 different destinations and the prize is valued at over $8000. Kauai’s Rotary Clubs have appeared at a variety of events throughout the summer offering optional donation tickets and the grand prize winner will be announced on stage, Sunday, October 7th just before Willie K and his band take to the stage. The winner need not be present to win.
Live auction prize packages will be offered on stage that offer a variety of great items up for bid with Kong Radio’s Ron Wiley, Wala au’s Dickie Chang, and Mayor Carvahlo serving as auctioneers. A Grand Prize package includes a St. Regis Princeville Resort weekend of wonder including oceanfront suite, massage for two, dining and golf on our north shore. There will also be live art created on site by Steve Valiere, a special Verizon Wireless prize package combination, a surfboard personally autographed by Hawaii’s Junior Surf Team world champions and lots lots more that the audience can bid on live at the event.
The Silent Auction will feature individual items as well as prize package combinations in a special area. Up to 20 different items all spectacular in nature focusing on our island ocean activities, aesthetics as well as jewlry, and vacation getaways will provide some exciting values including:
- A beautiful hand carved five different wood engrained paddle (donated by Glenn Kojima); that will accompanies a C-4 SUP board, provided by C-4 and Da Life and Kauai Beach Boys
- A day at Kalapaki includes wave riding canoe rides along with beach gear and beach wear from Da Life.
- A combination golf and resort stays at the Grand Hyatt Regency Kauai and Kauai Marriott Resort and Beach Club
- Accomodations at the Ocean and Aqua Kauai Beach Resort
Ocean themed art from around our island and spectacular bejeweled pieces will also be up for bid including:
- Hawaiian Trading Companies donation of a Niihau Shell Choker
- A hand carved table from George Simpson,
- A day with KLA’s Dr. Monty Downs on the North Shore.
- Be a guest DJ with Kauai’s #1 rated personality Ron Wiley — complete with autographed CDs from all the artists performing At the Second Wave Superstar Sunday Celebration — plus $500 in advertising with KONG Radio AM and FM — along with a 30-minute production room session at the radio station!
- http://princevillecenter.com/ activities along with ocean excursions down the coast
The above are just some of the silent auction items that will keep everyone busy bidding until 7:15 pm that evening
Revenue for KLA and its Second Wave will also be raised thru the sale of a brand new KLA Second Wave tide calendar for Kauai. All of the photos are from Kauai, and the calendar was pieced together thanks to Ron Kosen of Photo Spectrum. Photos were submitted by listeners to Kong Radio Group as well as readers of The Garden Island Newspaper.
Scuba Tom Green’s photos are featured along with submissions from James Alexander, Ed Sancious, Ben Nyberg, Kathleen Ho, Photo Spectrum, Captain Andy’s, and Allen Mozo who’s breathtaking shot of Kalani Vierra and crew bottoming at Makaha made our cover a most remarkable one. The calendar is co sponsored by King Auto Center, Hawaii Care and Cleaning and GO! Airlines who is flying the 22 musicians and performers from Oahu and Maui to Kauai for the event.
The calendars are already for sale at all Times/Big Save Markets and will also be sold byt he Rotarians at the event on October 7th.
Food and refreshments will also partly benefit KLA. They have partner with Kaiola Canoe Cluband script tickets will be be on sale at the event in $5 increments. Food will be available on plates and platters and snacks offered from 3:30pm until 9:00pm. Ten dollar plates that include chili and rice, beef stew and rice, shoyu chicken and rice, tossed salad and a salmon patty, all come with bottled water.
There will also be Kalua nacho’s, hamburger sandwich, mac salad and chips, pupu platters, sushi, pasta bowls and more, all at reasonable prices.
Once again the Kauai community has come together in many ways to support our island and its ocean safety with both residents and visitors benefitting. Credit cards, checks, and cash will be accepted throughout the evening.